The decision to get married is one of the biggest life choices you can make. When “you” and “me” becomes “we,” you are creating a completely new life with your partner.
Our premarital counseling program will give you and your partner a plan for marriage. Through mutual communication and understanding, you can avoid pitfalls and build the strong, lasting and loving relationship you both desire.
Our relationship is doing great! Do we really need counseling?
Just because things are going great doesn’t mean that counseling isn’t necessary. The time leading up to your wedding often creates an emotional state of excitement, nervousness, hope and frequently, family conflict. The stress of planning your wedding, navigating family expectations and managing the stress that follows, often creates conflict and struggle even for the most solid and stable couples. Looking past the wedding day itself, you may also feel that you are not ready for what’s next or be afraid of repeating past mistakes or even uncertain that you are making the right choice.
Married or partnered life can be truly wonderful, but it can also be an emotional roller coaster. By working on your communication skills and dealing with any unresolved issues beforehand, premarital counseling can help ensure you are both ready and prepared to say “I do.”
What is Lakefront Counseling Group’s premarital counseling like?
Our premarital counseling addresses a wide range of issues including:
- How to create shared meaning and avoid perpetual issues
- How to incorporate the positive traits of couples who are happy and successful in their relationships
- How to keep the romance alive
- How to turn your conflict into learning, growth and fulfillment
- How your childhood may impact your relationship struggles
- The stages of relationship, from early romance to full maturity
- Why marriage can be both challenging and wonderful
- Why you chose your partner
If you would like to start your marriage off with a strong foundation and learn skills which will bring returns for a lifetime, contact our seasoned and competent couples therapists at Lakefront Counseling Group today!